Sunday, December 6, 2009

Border Punches

Hi! Thanks Amy for your comment! It's a slow process then I thought it would be, but I'm having fun with it. =)

Shopping went well if you call standing in line at Michaels for 30 minutes well.. Luckily I had coupons or else I would have put everything back. Next time will go an hour before they close. The lines aren't as bad. =)

I love punches! For this series of cards, 4 in all, I used two Martha Stewart border punches to use as frames. I used Izzy from the TGF Twinkle Tot series she is just too sweet! I also used Miss Anya and Rain from TGF for the other two cards. All 4 cards were very easy to make. I used a few sheets of dp, brown and white card stock, different colored cards and punched the borders using them as frames for each girl. Using copics to color each girl, the only problem I had was trying to figure out what colors I wanted to use..
"Whatcha Doin?"

Stamp: TGF Twinkle Tot Izzy; colored with Copic markers C1(used to make her dress and hat look white)/E000/E51/R11/RV10/E33/E57 & E77; pastel green card, white cardstock for frame; DP from DCWV Green stack; Martha Stewart border punch; brown scallop rectangle window with sentiment, "Whatcha doin'" in green gel pen
"Sweet & Simple"

Stamp: TGF Twinkle Tot Izzy; colored with Copic markers BG05/V99/E000/E51/R11/RV10/E33/E57 & E77; white card, dark brown card stock "Dad & Me Brocade - Confetti series - by My Minds Eye double sided with ocean blue and kiwi green/white design on opposite side; punch by Martha Stewart; brass brads.
"Nic's Card"

A simple Thank you card for my sister..
Stamp: Miss Anya (altered); Paper: Hanko Kosome blue cardstock, sky polka dots paper from Chatter Box, dark brown cardstock for borders. Punch: Martha Stewart; Ribbon: White satin; colored with Copics C1/C3/C5/C7/E31/B93/E57/E33.
"Passion's card"

Another simple Thank you card this time for my cousin Passion
Stamp: Rain, Snow or Shine; colored with Copics E57/B93/E33/E31; Papers: Bazzil burning ember for card; S-E-I Such a boy polka dots; dark brown cardstock for borders; punch by Martha Stewart

Well day 1 of my blog wasn't so bad... haha.. Let's see what tomorrow will bring..

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awesome cards Leanne, love the punched border frames! I'm a total punch addict too, I would totally wait in line for a MS border punch...if I was lucky enough to have a Michaels! :(