Monday, March 1, 2010

AMANDA

Good evening! Hope you all had a really good day and a restful night. I just finished this set of letters for one of my co-workers. I was told to pick and choose the colors and theme, just go with it, I trust you.. O man, what crafter doesn't love to here those words? haha.. Here's what I came up with:

I decided to go for a some what Asian flair with the dp and the punched out Sakuras.
I purchased the letters at Michael's, gotta look for another place they're gettin' expensy, and chose some dp and cardstock I had picked up at past conventions. The color palette of reds, pinks, blue & brown is going off of the pinkish dp paper, check out the 2nd "A" for details.
This 1st "A" was cut out with this really cute dp from My Mind's Eye. It's called Uniquely You Special Swirls Paper. I just love the swirls on the paper and the red is amazing:

For the "M" I used a dark brown cs called french silk. I dry embossed it with the swirls embossing folder, then punched out some red small sakuras from the dp used to make the first "A", I also punched out a couple vibrant blue sakuras and for the center blossoms I punched out some pink from the dp:

For the 2nd "A" I used another dp from My Mind's Eye. This one is called Pretty Please "Pink Floral" paper. I love this paper! It was the inspiration behind the color palette I chose. It's so cute with the swirls and different flowers:

For the "N" I used vibrant blue cs and dry embossed it with the tiny dots. I chose Anya "Rain" with out her umbrella, as a cute accessory. I think she looks pretty cute against that back drop of vibrant blue cs (Bazzil) and berrylicious (Bazzil) cs cut out as sakuras with the larger Sakura in the corner. For the center blossoms I punched them out using the dark brown cs:

For the "D" I made this paper myself using some cool Komodo ink stamps I purchased at the Carson Stamp Convention. I've been meaning to use them since I purchased, just haven't had a chance to ink them up until now. I used bashful blue and real read ink from S/U and Memento rich cocoa, stamping the images of sakuras and waves onto white cardstock.. I always try to make the dp at least for one letter. It's totally fun creating your own with cool inks and stamps:

Lastly is the final "A". I used the berrylicious card stock and dry embossed it with swirls. Included a few of the same sakuras and a few cut out flowers from the dp:

I'm not too sure what kind of ribbon I will add, will check what stock I have enough of, but I was thinking either brown or white.. We'll see.. And that is that! haha.. So happy with the way it came out. Can't wait to see Amanda's reaction.
Thanks again for stopping by and wishing you a great Tuesday! Aloha!

No comments: