Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Card work shop - Baby blue boy card

Good evening!
Just catching up on some postings. The next few entries will be of the cards I created for our card workshop at work. I posted earlier that every month we try to have a craft lunch day. We make cards during our lunch and get to spend time with each other doing what we love. In the process we bring in other associates who are similarly interested but don't know where to start. We share our knowledge with them and they become part of our group. =)
When I get a chance I will try to post some pictures of what the others created with my cards as their guides.
This first card was a card I posted a while back titled "Simply Sweet" http://liloshaggymoto.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-sweet-series-sweet.html. Everyone was given a blank version of my card and were encouraged to make the card their own.

For the second card I made a 4x4 baby blue boy card. I used a cute $1 clear stamp set I purchased at CHA-OC last year. It was perfect for a small simple card. I masked the baby, cloud and the moon then used a Stampin' Up roller as the background. Used two different sized Nestabilities (labels one - yellow & white cs) to frame the images and using a similar dp as the backdrop. Adding a simple blue ribbon and the photo corners pulled this card together nicely.

Mahalo for looking!
Supplies: Baby Blue Boy card:
Stamps: Sweet Dreams (Personal Sentiments); sweet stars roller (Stampin' Up)
Papers: Little Prince Stars dp(Provo craft); vibrant blue & pollen (light yellow) cs (Bazzil); white drawing paper (Canson)
Inks/Markers: Tuxedo blk (Memento); Copics
Punches/Die cuts/Dry Embossing texture: Photo corner punch (EK); Labels one (Nestabilities); Dots (Cuttlebug)
Baby blue ribbon

3 comments:

Randi said...

Such a sweet card!! Love how you used the SU! roller for your background! Thanks for your sweet comments Leanne! Have a wonderful weekend!

Angela said...

How nice it would be to stamp with coworkers at work!!!! I do color at work sometimes, but I do it on my lunch and I only get 30 mins!!
I this baby boy card and the background for the image is awesome!!
Hugs:)
Angela

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the layout of this baby care and what vibrant colors!