Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello Kitty invite & card

I've been using my Cricut machine for quite a few cards now. It's an easy tool to use for any kind of fast card or cards you are going to do multiples of.
For this post I wanted to share a Hello Kitty invitation and card I made. Used the Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge to cut out Miss Hello Kitty herself.
I'm so happy with the result! I found that simple cute floral dp at Joann's and lucky for me they were having a sale on dp and cs (5 for $1). I love it when that happens!
As with all Cricut cut outs, I paper pieced the dress and her bow. Adding a little bling in to her bow was over-the-top, but I like the affect of the green stone on the light pink. Adding some dimension to a couple of the papers gave this card just the right touch.
Hello Kitty Invite:

I created this very simple, yet fun invitation for my friend's co-worker. She wanted a very simple card but it HAD TO HAVE Hello Kitty on it. Well I think I stepped up to the challenge, whadda ya think?

I had an extra cut out of Miss Hello Kitty so I made a card using some other scrap cs and dp. Similar take on the invite, but this to me was very simple. =)
Hello Kitty Card:

Mahalo!
Supplies:
HK invite:
Papers: Pink card (Bazzil); floral dp (Me&My BIG Ideas); blk, white & dark pink cs
Accessories/Embellishments: Pink chiffon ribbon; light green gem
Die Cuts/Dry embossing textures: Labels eight (Nestabilities); corner punch; dots (Cuttlebug) & polka dots (Quikcutz)
HK card:
Papers: Pink card (Chablis Bazzil); white cs, pink flourish dp (Me&My BIG Ideas); blk, white & dark pink dp
Accessories/Embellishments: Dark pink and white polka dots ribbon; clear gem
Die Cuts/Dry embossing textures: Lables eight (Nestabilities); corner punch; polka dots (Quikcutz)

No comments: