Friday, March 5, 2010

"Sweet Sunny"

Hello again and here is the latest in my "Sweet Series" featuring some sweet images from C.C. Designs via ATS. I called this card "Sweet Sunny" because of the bright yellows and oranges. I really love the colors and how the whole card looks. In this pix I don't have a sentiment, but I ended up using "Thinking of You", I'll try to update the pix later. I almost did this card without any dp, but in the end there is a small scrap of dp where the sentiment will go. Almost, but not quite. haha...
Using Swiss Pixie Heidi again, just love her, I also masked her and added grass and some bright orange, yellow and honey blossoms to frame her. This time I stamped her on a square piece of drawing paper and added white photo tabs to the corners. I embossed the brown card with flowers and for the sentiment I found a scrap of yellow and orange cs which I framed behind some white cs. I stamped a butterfly twice and glued a small part of the body so that the wings look like they are fluttering. You can't tell, but I colored the sky blue. I'll try to take a better pix of it along with the updated sentiment and post later.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at what I've been up to. I'm heading to Las Vegas this weekend so I might not be posting anything for the next couple of days. Hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend crafting, reading or just hanging out with family & friends. As long as you enjoy yourself! =)

Aloha!

Used: Swiss Pixie Heidi stamp (C.C. Designs via ATS) & grass stamp (Rubberneck Stamp Co); dark brown card, cs (Bazzil); dp (Me&My Big Ideas "Modern Milan" series); blk tuxedo ink (Memento); white gel pen (Sakura); photo corner punch (EK); embossed flowers (QuikCutz) & Copic markers

3 comments:

Angela said...

Leanne, your coloring just keeps getting better and better!! I love the way you masked this and added the grass!! I hardly ever add my sentiment until I get ready to give it to someone!! That way my card will always match you I'm giving it to or the occasion!! You are really starting to find your groove!!!
Hope you too have an awesome weekend! Tonight I'm going to my monthly crop with friends then the rest of the weeken I have to get caught up on my DT creations!! Thanks for all the love you send me!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Amy said...

This is SO beautiful Leanne! I adore the combination of that rich chocolate brown with the sunny yellows and orange... it looks fantastic as does the grass you added in to complete the scene!
Have fun in Vegas and don't get into too much trouble! ;)
Thanks for playing in the ATS challenge this week!

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ohh this is soo gorgeoussss I love how you made the grass and flowers around Heidi :) she is my favourite Swiss Pixie :)
thanks for joining us at ATS Wednesday Challenge.
hugs Ria