Sunday, June 6, 2010

Jade

Here's a quick one for Sunday:
Jade (Roll Call kit, TGF) was calling to me to ink her up, give her some color and to put her on a card. I used the sketch from the TGF FFF challenge from last week. It was a simple yet fun sketch and I felt it would give me the perfect layout for Jade. Here's what I came up with:
I used a brown and pink pp (Memories), see I'm back in the game with the pp, and breaking up the browns and pinks with some light aqua blue (patina-bazzil) to match Jade's mesmerizing eyes. I used a scalloped edge border punch (S/U) on the bottom of the light aqua blue border.
Colored Jade's outfit in the same dark pinks and browns as the rest of the card. I altered her top with a Chinese character for beauty (EP Play craft stamps). Her hair had to be black and her eyes a startling light aqua blue. Colored a white prima flower with brown and layered pink and white on top. Anchoring the flower to the card with a soft aqua blue square cut gem. I adhered Jade to a shimmery dark pink piece of cs which was cut out using the labels eight die cut (spellbinders) and embossing it with the swiss dots embossing folder (sizzix).
Mahalo for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!! Go Lakers!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is beautiful Leanne! The color combo looks so rich and fantastic plus I just love how you colored up miss Jade! Fab card!

Angela said...

Leanne, Jade looks so adorable!! You did an AWESOME job on her hair and eyes!!
Hugs:)
Angela