Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sketchy with Fleur Anya

Well the weekend is almost over, time to go back to work, but before I hit the hay I have a card to share. I'm diggin' the cool CA&F Saturday sketch #22 posted on June 12th. Not sure why, I just do. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. hehehe..
I decided to go for a pink & green theme and threw in a few shades of yellow. I flipped the sketch a little bit, but all the elements are there. I'm really pleased with this one:
Featured in this girly girl card is Fleur Anya (TGF). I stamped her using Tuxedo black ink (Memento) on white cs (Neenah), colored her with various Copic markers and die-cut her out with a circle using my Spellbinders. Surrounding her is a scalloped circle which is also a Spellbinder die-cut in a mint green cs (Hanko).
The main card is a light green parchment colored cs (The Paper Company) which has a layer of a pink striped dp (GCD Studios). Extending down from the circle is a shimmery dark pink cs (KPC) that I used a border punch (EK studios) on as in keeping with the sketch. Layered on top of the dark pink cs is a pretty floral dp (Anna Griffin) which I purchased a few years ago. The sentiment (Kodomo, Inc) seemed like a perfect choice because I can see myself giving this to someone who makes me smile.
Last but certainly not least is are the flowers. I wanted to try to match the same flowers or at least the colors in the Anna Griffin dp. Used a medium 5-petal punch and a small 5-petal punch to cut out the flowers in shades of pink, yellow and white. For the centers I used a sunburst in the dark pink cs. I added some dots to the flowers just cause.
I truly like how this turned out and I had so much fun creating it. It's always wonderful to have a sketch to go with when you are stuck on an idea.

I think I have the perfect person to give it to. My cousin's daughter is having a birthday soon, I might gift it to her.
Mahalo for stopping to view my latest card. Have a great Monday!!


3 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

This is just SO pretty Leanne! It's such a clean, pretty layout and the colors are gorgeous :0)

Angela said...

Great Layout and her hair looks awesome!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Unknown said...

So sweet! Your coloring is awesome. :)