Saturday, July 31, 2010

Two pocket card

Happy Saturday! Hope you are enjoying the first day of the weekend. I had a very productive day. I went to Michael's and picked up some wooden letters for two projects I am working on. Scored on some cool clearance items and took advantage of the sales. I also purchased the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge. Try to say that 3x in a row! lol.. No worries, it was on sale, which is the only way I will ever purchase a cartridge. Can't wait to use it, got some ideas for cards and maybe a few other projects in mind. For now I have a card to share.
If you go to the ATS (aka All That Scraps) challenge blog you will see that this week they are challenging everyone to make a two-pocket card. I've never tried to make one so thought it would be fun to try especially after seeing the DT's gorgeous samples.
I found this link for a diagonal two pocket card tutorial. It was pretty easy to follow the step-by-step instructions. For my card I used a really cool bright double sided stripe dp and on the other side a yellow with orange lines. I wasn't sure if the stripes would go the way I wanted, but I didn't have to worry as no matter which way the stripes would lay I would use it none the less. :) I used a strip of craft tape with these cute little animals for the 2nd pocket. The colors matched the dp perfectly. Above the pocket I used a sentiment from the TGF Spotlight stamp set. On the big main pocket using white cs I used a MS lace punch.
For the image I chose sweet Swiss Pixies Gretel. I clipped her wings because she wanted to be just a plain little girl this time around. I enjoyed making this two pocket card, and I hope you get a chance to play along too. I'll add the tags later, for now I'm going to put my crafts away and enjoy some tv, Grease is on and later some Anime. Mahalo for stopping by, have a great evening!! A whop-baba-loo-bop-a-whop-bam-boom! ;)
*************
Supplies:
Papers: White cs-Neenah|Frenzy/Joy White out dp-We R Memory Keepers
Stamps: Swiss Pixies Gretel-C.C. Designs via ATS|sentiment-TGF
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento|white gel pen-Sakura|sepia multiliner pen-Copic
Copics: E00,15,17,18,19,79|R00,20,27|RV29|Y08,15|BG01,02,05|0
Critters craft tape-American Girl
Lace border punch-Martha Stewart

5 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Super cute, Leanne! Love the cheery colors!

Claireabelle said...

Fab card Leanne, must have ago at these 2 pocket cards!
x

Ronda Archangelo said...

Cute card...love your coloring!

Amy said...

This is so cute Leanne! I think I like these diagonal pocket cards better than the one I did, they look so cool! Thanks for joining us for the ATS challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

super cute Leanne! Adorable coloring and designing! so glad you played in the ATS challenge!
Pam Going Postal