Tuesday, August 3, 2010

An Easel or two

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Whew, I was recovering from that awesome blog hop over with The Greeting Farm & friends. It was so much fun, but definitely needed a break there. ;) If you didn't get a chance to see any of the cool projects and cards pop on over and check out the long list of players. You'll probably have to scroll down to find their projects, but then you might get inspired while you search. Have fun!
I've never done an easel card before. Always thought it was complicated with all the measurements, but I decided to give it a try since I saw so many during the hop. I got the tutorial here and just followed the directions. My first attempt was ok. I was just making it for fun, and actually like the result. This card features this really cute dolphin. I purchased a month ago and have just now used her. I think I will ink her up more often, along with her other underwater ohana. For now, she was the perfect choice for this background of blue aloha print dp and baby blue dp waves.
For my second attempt I was actually planning to give it to someone for their birthday. So I wanted to make it a little more special. Nothing fancy for this gentleman, just simple and clean. With that in mind, I chose Baseball Ian for the main character. He's a baseball fan, so I thought this would be right up his alley. I had this cool birthday sentiment stamp that went well with the card. The fun thing about this card is the little brad baseball I used for the anchor/stop. It's a white brad and I altered into a baseball by using a red sharpie and drew in the lines. I'm diggin' this one a lot. Well it's almost time for bed, hoping I get to finish this card I am making for my brother's birthday and hoping to post it before I give it to him. It's a fun image that he won't be expecting. Sweet dreams blogging buddies. Mahalo for stopping by!!
******************
Supplies:
Dolphin card:
Papers: Black, white-Neenah| aloha print dp-DCWV|baby blue dp-Provo Craft
Stamp: Dolphin-Imaginisce
Ink: Black tuxedo-Memento| clear glitter gel pen-Sakura
Copics: C00,01,02,03,04,05|R20|B91|BG02
Waves border punch-Fiskars|
Label 1-Spellbinders
Baseball Ian card:
Papers: Black, white, kraft cs-Neenah|clouds dp-DCWV|green dp-Anna Griffin
Stamps: Baseball Ian-TGF|Happy Birthday sentiments-SU
Ink: Black tuxedo-Memento|red sharpie
Copics: C00,01,04,05,08,09,10|YG11,17|G82|E00,18,39,47|R01
Green ribbon-Michael's
White brad-SU

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love these easel card Leanne!! I am so behind on comments!! I think I stay that way here lately!! The way you colored Ian's hat looks awesome!!Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Hugs:)
Angela