Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Pink & Green Giraffe


Hello, I'm back for one more post, this time featuring a pink & green giraffe. A pink & green giraffe? Haha, yes, I made this card for a friend of mine, this was actually a second card that I made for a baby shower he was going to yesterday. The other one that was actually chosen is in my previous post.
For this card my inspiration was the dp. It has pinks and greens in it and the pattern are circles. I believe this is also from the same DCWV Spring stack that I purchased a few years ago. I'm so glad I'm using it again. I'm also glad to be using the giraffe stamp from Inkadinkado. I use to use it all the time for baby projects, I'm glad I found it the other day to use on this card.
I was in the easel card making mood so this one is another easel card. I don't know why I didn't try this out when I first saw the tutorial, but I'm hooked now.
The scene is the giraffe in a field of pink flowers with her pink butterfly friend fluttering behind her. I framed it with a softer pink cs using a blossom Spellbinder as the frame. The green lace border was punched on the top and the bottom with a Martha Stewart border punch. It's pretty cool what you can do with a border punch. I just love em'.
This being an easel card I mimicked, in a smaller version, the top on the bottom. Hahaha did that make sense? For the sentiment I chose another good one from the Cloud 9 Design-Baby set. I used foam mounting tape so that when the card was standing open it would be secured.
I'm glad I have an extra baby girl card handy. I have a couple co-workers who are expecting a baby girl and I'm sure one of them would enjoy a pink and green giraffe. I'll be back later for another post. I've got some letters to work on and another baby card in the works. For now, hope you are enjoying your Sunday morning, afternoon or evening. Mahalo for stopping by!!
*************
Supplies:
Paper: Dark pink, light pink & mint green cs-Bazzil/white cs-Neenah pink & green dp-DCWV Spring stack
Stamps: Giraffe-Inkadinkado/butterfly & sentiment-Cloud9 Design
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento/white gel pen-Sakura
Copics: B000/YG03,17/RV02,13/C01
Die-cuts: Circle & blossom-Spellbinders
Punch: Lace border punch-Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet! Your friend will love it :)