Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sk8r Gurl - Colored w/ Deleter Markers

Hi, I'm back for a short post. I got theLater Sk8r set from my good friends and decided to use the Sk8r gurl for this fast card. I colored her using Deleter Neopiko-2 markers that I purchased at Anime Expo last month. I wanted to try these markers to see if there was any difference between them and Copics. As far as I can tell they are pretty good, I will still continue to use the Copics, but it's always cool to try other mediums. For this Sk8r gurl I colored her using Cool grays to color her hair, jeans, part of her top and shoes. These are from the Gray color set. For her skin, beanie, blouse and shoes I used colors from the Skin12 color set. I used Copic 0 to blend here and there, and it works pretty well. I plan to keep these at work so I don't have to lug my big bin of Copics around with me. haha.. I also used Stickles on her beanie, the design on her top and her shoes.
As I mentioned, this is a pretty simple card. Mounted brown and dark peach cs for the background then punched white circles on top. Added a white ribbon and burnished copper brads to the corners, and Sk8r Gurl Anya as the main character. This card can be used for any gurl occassion, just needs a sentiment to go with.

Hope to post the baby carriages I made for my co-worker's surprise shower later today. If not, more than likely tomorrow. For now, have a great Saturday and a wonderful evening!!
Mahalo for stopping by!!
*****
Supplies:
Papers: white card, dark peach & brown cs-Scrap pack from Wal-Mart, white cs-Neenah
Stamp: Sk8 gurl-The Greeting Farm
Inks: Black Memento
Markers: Grays and Skin tones-Deleter Neopiko2
Crystal Stickles
Tarnished copper brads
White ribbon

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! I love the image and the colors. TFS :)

donna mikasa said...

Cute card, Leanne! Great coloring no matter what you use! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Hey girl! Awesome card! I agree with Donna - great coloring no matter what you use! BTW, you're a local girl, born & raised in Hawaii? So much talent in our islands! Enjoy your weekend! xoxo, Linda

Amy said...

This looks cool Leanne! The muted colors suit her comfort over fashion attitude and I love the big polka dot background!

Angela said...

Leanne, this is too cute!!! I love this stamp!! I too take my copics to work and color on my breaks!! I'd never get anything done if I didn't!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Angela said...

I forgot to comment on the markers!! I jsut gave away alot of these markers to my friend at work!! They work good but the tips are alittle more flexable than the copics!!!
Hugs:)
Angela