Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hats off to ya!

Woot! Almost Friday and almost the weekend. I can't wait. Need a break from work and all this waking up too early. hahaha.. Hope you are all having a great week, but anticipating the weekend. It's also been really beautiful weather over here. I think today it was in the high 70's if not 80's. Sorry to my friends in the East, I don't mean to rub it in that we are enjoying some wonderful spring weather. Sending you all warm wishes for a Spring time thaw!
Tonight I wanted to share this card I made for my co-worker's, Flor, birthday. I have been wanting to play with the fairly new Miss Anya's Hats off stamps set from The Greeting Farm since I received them, but hadn't had a chance to debut any of them until today. YAY! I just love this new set, Marie did good. hahaha
I used the Miss Anya that was sitting. I colored her up with Copics and went with some peaches, red/orangey tones and black. The dp is from the DCWV set called Mariposa. I just love the vibrant and beautiful papers in this set. Isn't she awesome? I also used a sheet of red from a Pink Paislee 365 degrees paper pad.
If the layout looks familiar, it is. I just used it on my last card and the sketch is from A sketch for you to try. I was inspired after I saw TGF DT gal Jen Shults' gorgeous card.
If you look around you will see I scattered some tiny pearls around the card. That was inspired by the talented Amy Young. She uses that technique on her cards and I think it's just so pretty. I also scattered some butterflies. The butterfly border punch is from EK. You can't tell but I raised some of the butterflies to give it dimension. (You can kind of tell in the picture above.) To soften the edges of the dp, I sponged them with some brown ink. I think it gives a cool look to the paper. I can't remember where the flower is from because I purchased it a long time ago and threw away the wrapper. The black flower on top is from a MS punch and the brad in the center is a silver baby button brad with a pearl on top. The sentiment is from the Invitations stamps set from Inkadinkado. The card itself is light peach Tsugumi cs from Hanko Designs.

Well that's all I have for now. I'm heading to bed in a few. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend. Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Leanne

10 comments:

Nady said...

Hello!
Your card is beautiful, I love butterflies.
I too am very happy that this is found. I saw the photo on the blog of La-la land, thank you for having taken and what it found.
good weekend
hugs
Nadyne xx

Leann said...

I LOVE it!
Leann x

Mimi said...

Gorgeous card Leanne! Love the color combo and the details are so amazing! The layout and your coloring is awesome! Have a great weekend! Be safe from the tsumani warnings! ;)

Shar said...

Ooooooo Leanne!!! This is a great card!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!

kris said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! love the color combo and butterfly border!! =D

Amy said...

Gorgeous card Leanne! I love all the black matting, it's stunning with the oranges! Great sprinkling of pearls, you are such a natural! :)
Hope you have a great weekend!

♥Rach♥ said...

This has to be one of my total faves of yours EVER! I love the completely fabulous colors and that layout and punch are off the chain! Totally outdid yourself Leanne, <3 it to pieces :0)

Jodi said...

Leanne this is so pretty!! Love the color combo and image!! Gorgeous!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Great idea on scattering pearls and butterflies I will definitely play with that next time!! yay! Awesome card as always...=)

Angela said...

Hi Leanne, this is so stunning. I love the colors and the butterflies are the perfect touch to this fab design. Oh and your coloring looks great. Hope you are doing well.
Hugs:)
Angela