Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WOW - Sepia/Brown tones

Hello Friends!

Hope everyone is staying cool in this heat.  In some parts it's been extreme, so hopefully you are making sure to stay hydrated and cool.  For those of you on the other side of the world I hope you are staying dry and warm. 

Today at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog we are having a color challenge using Sepia/Brown tones.  For some fantastic inspiration hop on over to the FFC page by clicking HERE.  The DT has outdone themselves again for this challenge.  You won't be disappointed.

When I made this card I was hoping to use it when we case'd, Emily Martina, aka Beansscrapsandsheep.  Then I decided to use it for this challenge instead as it met the color requirements.  Hope you like it.  Cause I really enjoyed making it.

Geisha Anya
This beauty is none other than Geisha Anya.  She's an oldie and one of my very first stamps I got from my bestie Renate to start my wonderful TGF collection.  I love how she turned out.  The washi paper is from a paper pack I got at Marukai for under $2 and can you believe there were 60 sheets/pack with two other colors to choose from?  Score!  The gems were actually clear and I colored them with Copic E47.  The layout is the same one we used to case Emily's card.   And for my clouds I used Versa Magic, Sahara Sand.  Here's a picture of the punches that were used to make the flowers.  Love my punches!

Punches used to create flowers and accents
Alrighty, it's that time.. What time?  Time for you to get crackin' on your card or project & have fun!!  (hehe)

The W.O.W. challenge is open until Tuesday; entries are due by 12 PM CST. The winner is chosen by random draw and wins a free digi of choice!  Please upload your challenge cards/projects to TGF Galleria > Farm Fresh Challenges 2011 > Which One Wednesday > Sepia/Brown.


Mahalo for stopping by!

Hugs,
Lilo

Card Recipe:
Stamp: Geisha Anya (The Greeting Farm)
Papers: Washi paper; light peach cardstock (Hanko Designs), kraft & white cs (Neenah), brown cs (Recollections)
Circle & Lacey circle Spellbinders
Sakura with branch embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Gems: Recollections
Twine
Copics:
Skin: E000, 00, 11
Hair: E44, 47, 70, 71
Kimono: E40, 41, 42, 43, 50, 51, 02, 04
8-petal flower: E02, 04

9 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! this is fantastic take on the sepia tones. Gorgeous Geisha card, girlie!

Denice said...

This is fab Leann! Geisha Anya was in my very 1st order from TGF too! I love the way you did the clouds....maybe a tutirual?!! LOL!

I wasn't allowed into CHA, but I met the girls on the other side aka Jewlery Show. At one point I looked at someone and said "that looks like Leann" but I only know you from your pix so I wasn't sure.....I bet it was you!! Drat, I should have said something! Someday, someday........

Nady said...

Ta carte est magnifique, j'aime beaucoup ton poinçon bordure et les couleurs que tu as utilisés.
bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

kris said...

Beautiful creation sistah!! i love the color brown in general and will NEED to play in this challenge... =D awesome flowers too! love it!

Mimi said...

Adorable card Leanne! The colors are great and Anya is so adorable! Beautiful flowers you made. TFS the punches you used! Have a great day! ;)

1LuvnMama said...

Yo Leanne! Are you rested after attending CHA? Must've have been one heck of an experience! :)
Luv your Geisha Anya. Awesome as always girl.

Cyndi said...

love that brown look of the card! and the image is cute and love your handmade embellishments!

Amy said...

This is gorgeous Leanne, a perfect take on the challenge! Love your flowers, the look so cool wtih how you put them together...very creative!
So will you be going to winter CHA?

Unknown said...

This is totally beautiful, Leanne! Great job with the colors! Love your flowers!