Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Friendships - Flutter By Wednesday #179

Good morning everyone! 
Brrrr!!!  It's been so cold the past couple of nights, and as I write this up, my poor hands are freezing!!  I think I've got about 3 layers of clothing on, and in a sec I'm about to grab a blanket, but I can't type with gloves on so I'll have to stop every so often and blow hot air on to my fingers..   hahaha, sorry just had to share that little tidbit with ya!  hahaha
Soooo, guess who was asked by a certain lovely Flutter By Wednesday coordinator to be a guest designer?  Yep, that would be me.  :)  I was really touched that the lovely and talented Danni Bindel, asked me to participate.  I am so excited to share with you my card for this week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge #179!  This week's challenge is to create a project dedicated to Friendships.  If you are not familiar with the rules here they are:
•Challenge this week is to create using the theme~ Friendship along with your butterfly, fairy or angel
•Once you've created your NEW creation, please leave a direct link using the InLinkz button on the FBW #179 post.
•Danni reserves the right to remove any links not linked properly or that she deems inappropriate!
•Enter your link before midnight (PST) next Tuesday, November 15th, 2011.
•Have fun


Pretty simple & fun yeah?  I think everyone has a card or project in mind for this fun challenge.  And if you need some wonderful inspiration, head on over to the Flutter By Wednesday blog and check out what the design team has for you.  They will surely have some wonderfully fluttery friendship inspirations for ya!  I hope you can join us this week.

Now here's my card featuring a Sara Burrier digital image, Lady of Opal, that I purchased from Crafts & Me.  Fell in love with this image and was so happy to finally get to color her up.  Since it's Fall , I decided to go with fall-like colors.  The layout is super CAS as I just wanted to showcase the image with a few accents here and there. 


Isn't she a lovely image?  I love her elf-like features and the beautiful details in her wings.  I had a blast coloring her up with Copics.  I hope you can see the glittery parts.  The leaf is a punch colored with Copics and the sentiment is an AmyR stamp.  Used a combination of Tea Dye and Wild Honey Distress inks for the background.  I thought she would look lovely surrounded by light and I thought I did a pretty good job of showcasing that. The ribbon softened up the card which I was hoping it would do. 


Okie dokie, I hope you enjoyed my card I made for this week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge #179.  I am so honored to be a part of the team this week and want to Thank Danni for asking me to join this lovely and talented group of artists.  Thank you Danni!!

Have a wonderful 1/2 way to Friday day!  Mahalo for stopping by!

Hugs,
Leanne

12 comments:

Shar said...

I still cannot believe you color all of these!!!
Beautiful!!!

LOL
I think I know where Jet gets the Not coloring thing from!!!
Aloha,
Maine

Kristie W. said...

Wow, she is gorgeous!! Your coloring is amazing and you did a fabulous job with the distress inks. Thank you for guesting with us at Flutter By Wednesdays this week!

Amanda R said...

Amazing coloring! Gonna sit down and check out the rest of your blog shortly. Thanks for playing along with us!

Amy said...

GORGEOUS! LOve this Leanne, love how you've done the background and your coloring is amazing! The green leaf is an awesome touch!
Sorry you're getting some cold weather, last night we were lucky and actually had it stay warmer then it's been, it only dropped to the mid 20's and I woke up to 35. Keep warm and take care! :)

Amy said...

Your gorgeous card and talk of the weather made me forget to tell you, CONGRATS on the Flutterby Challenge guesting! It's such a fun challenge and Danni is one of the sweetest people! :)

Mimi said...

Congrats Leanne!! This beautiful card is just so warm and glowing! Amazing coloring! Have a great day!! ;)

Mary J said...

Hello Leanne! So pleased you could join the FBW team! Wow, this is pure stunninglicious!!

Danni said...

Thank YOU for joining us this week!! Your card is just so stunning..simply gorgeous!!! Love it!! HUGS!

Anna said...

Simply stunning! Wonderful coloring, and love how she's highlighted with the light and background colors! Thanks for joining as a guest DT this week at Flutter By Wed.

Amy said...

I had to laugh when you said your temp is 70 degrees...we would be in shorts with that kind of weather! ;)

Cyndi said...

beautiful, beautiful! love the colors and your coloring! congrats for being a guest dt!

Michelle VP said...

Wow! I just love the warm, rich tones you used with your coloring and what an amazing job you did highlighting her with your background. Such beautiful shimmer on her wings too! I'm so happy Danni asked you to be a guest DT with us at Flutterby Wednesday! :)