Friday, December 16, 2011

Lilo's Fun Friday #10

Hi!
I'm posting from Flagstaff, Az tonight.  I'm here with some of my family because my cousin is graduating from NAU.  It's 20 degrees and there's snow!!  I'm so excited, and can't wait for the morning to come so I can see the snow everywhere.  Yes, it's cold, but for some reason it's not too bad.  hehehe..  I know, I complain when I'm in LA with 50 degree weather but come here and I'm so excited, go figure.. lol

So for today's Fun Friday I wanted to share this wedding card I made for my mom's co-worker.  My dear mother likes to ask for cards at the very last minute.  So with this one I had to do some fast thinking and creating.  Luckily I just purchased some new flower and leaf dies which worked out perfectly to add a feminine touch to the card. 


I used an oldie but goodie Stampin' up bride & groom stamp.  Stamped it on kraft cs in brown.  Distressed the edges so I didn't have to color.  As you can see there are many layers to this card and lots of textures from a few different Cuttlebug embossing folders.  I don't have the list of the dies but will update when I get home.  I punched them out with white cs and then distressed the edges.  Some of the centers have ivory brads, some have Pearl pen dots and there are a few with some nice pearly brads.

Here are some up close shots of the flowers.  I'm so happy with my purchase.  The smaller flowers are from a punch.  I miss using paper flowers to make cards.  I guess it can become tedious if I want to use a bunch of flowers.  But once I finish I am always wondering why don't I do more of these?  I know!  Pure laziness!!  hahaha!

Who knows maybe after the holidays I'll go back to creating more cards with flowers.  I mean I have tons of different flower punches and now a few dies.  It's always so pretty once it's done.  I might as well use them yea?  If they come out like these I don't see why not.  It's also nice to put down the stamps (ack!) I know,  blasphemy!  hahaha..   Seriously tho, you might see more floral cards popping up after Christmas.   Here's a shot of the inside of the card.  I hand wrote the sentiment, thought it was appropriate.


Alrighty,  time to sign off, gotta get up early in the morning for the graduation and hopefully some time to take pictures and play in the snow.  O!  I'm changing up my Friday posts, not going to add the linky anymore.  But will still continue to post a Fun Friday card or share.  Have a great Friday everyone and a terrific weekend.
Mahalo for stopping by!

Hugs,
Lilo

3 comments:

Mimi said...

ohhh this is a beautiful card Leanne! The paper flowers are gorgeous and the layout too! oh no... no more Linky?? just when i got a card to share! lol!
Have a great time celebrating with your family! Stay warm! ;D

Unknown said...

Pretty card! is the flower dies the new ones you bought from the convention?

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love the monochromatic card! Have fun in Arizona...how exciting! I still haven't seen snow yet!