Friday, December 9, 2011

Lilo's Fun Friday #9

Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to share this card I made for someone special.   Her birthday was last month and I didn't get a chance to make her one.  I hope she likes it.  I wanted to get a way from the Christmas theme so I pulled out some papers that I purchased at the last EXPO.  I thought the pretty Spring colors were very nice and the paper theme would allow me to just add a fun image and maybe a few accessories.  When choosing my image I went to some neglected fairies who I have not inked in quite some time.  I chose this sweet & sassy fairy from Sweet November, Chanter Heartsong.


I had so much fun coloring her.  With this paper I was able to play with some colors that I hardly touch if at all.  I finally broke out my Xpress-It paper for this card as I didn't want it messed up while coloring.  Although I love my Neenah paper, this Xpress-It paper is pretty awesome.  Just need to use it sparingly.  I'm not sure if you can see the glittler on her dress, shoes or wings, but it's there.  I took my layout from Amy Young's inspirations.  I love when she uses the paper to her advantage and then adds those pretty pearls all over the card.  I love how the flower anchors the card, but doesn't pull away from Chanter.  The butterflies also give the card a whimsical feel.  The sentiment is from AmyR.  Now if I can make cards like this all the time I would not stress out so much.. LOL!

If you would like to link up any project feel free to use the inlinkz button below and directly link your project.  I hope my friend receives this in the mail before today and enjoys it.  I had so much fun making it for her and although it's belated, the wish is definitely heartfelt.  :)


Okay friends, have a wonderful Friday and MAHALO for your continued support and comments, they are truly a joy to read. :)

Challenges I'm entering:
ATS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything Goes

Hugs,
Lilo


10 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty color combo, love that big flower and adorable image....great layout Leanne~
Have an awesome crafty weekend too!

Nady said...

Superbe carte! j'adore ton image elle est trop cute! bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Heidi Brawley said...

awe this is Gorgeous! love it!
Hugs, Heidi

Amy said...

WOW, this is Gorgeous Leanne! Love the papers and your coloring brings so much life to Chanter! Totally awesome card!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Rachel Parys said...

So sweet, I'm sure your friend will love it!! How did you do the yellow around your image? It gives the card such a warm glow. I am going to try an easel pop-up this weekend, I'll let you know how it turns out! (wish me luck!);)

Cyndi said...

Aww this is so pretty! Love the colors!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Ooo, so pretty! and chanter is lovely! Love the coloring too! Your friend is going to love it :)
hugs to you!
margie

Cely said...

beautiful, leanne! i love using stamps that are neglected! :D i always go through my archives and make sure i print the ones i haven't used yet. beautiful colors too!

Amy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...this is even more gorgeous in person! And the cookies were delicious! :)

Sonia said...

Adorable Image, great colouring... Wonderful creation!
-Sony