Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Flutterby Wednesday #189

Hello!!
A warm welcome to you all and to any new friends!  My goodness, it's been a very slow process getting back in the groove.  It seems like forever since I last posted and I want to thank you all for staying with me while I'm trying to get back to blogging.  Trying to catch up at work has been a bit of a challenge as well, but slowly, I predict, I will be back to normal, or at least my version of normal.  (haha)

Speaking of normal, today we hope you join us for a new challenge over at the Flutterby Wednesday blog.  Today, challenge #189, is a L*O*V*E recipe.
  • L = 2 or more layers
  • O = odd # of embellishments (ex: 3, 5, 7)
  • V = use the color VIOLET on your creation
  • E = use any other color EXCEPT red.
  • Include a butterfly, fairy or angel on your creation
For more fluttery inspirations please visit my awesome team at the Flutterby Wednesday blog.  The list is located on the right side bar.  My share today is one of the make & takes featuring one of the newly released images premiering at CHA from La-La Land Crafts.  Her name is Marci with Cat and she is adorable.  Irina created an adorable 3-D milk carton project plus three other projects.  This was the only one I got to make.  Why?  Our table was so very popular we actually ran out of all the other projects!!  Goes to show how much fun everyone had at our booth.  And the beautiful projects Irina created also kept them coming back each day of the show.  I don't have any pictures of the rest of the projects, but keep checking in at the La-La Land Crafts blog and hopefully Irina will post them.  Here's the milk carton and if you look really close you can see all the details.  Now I embellished it up a bit to make sure I followed the recipe, but the original does not have all the bling.


Isn't this darling?  I believe the patterns for all the elements (milk carton, picket fence, roof & tree) were cut using a Silhouette machine.  The grass looks like a Fiskars grass border punch.  Here is a side view of the carton.


I used my new Copics (2011 & 2012 woo hoo!!) markers to color Marci with cat as well as the small MS butterfly fluttering around.  So how did I do with the recipe?  Let's see, multiple layers? Check.  Odd number of embellishments?  (3 orange gems in the tree, 3 flower gems and the rope ribbon = 7)  Check.  Any violet here?  (Yep, her dress, shoes, flower gem and butterfly)  Check.  Use any color but red?  You betcha, that's pink not red!  So that's a check!  Lastly I have my little butterfly.  Check!  Woo Hoo!!  (hahaha)

Alrighty, now it's your turn to create something using our L*O*V*E recipe.  Link up with us at the Flutter By Wednesday blog and don't forget your butterfly, angel or fairy.  Have fun with it, can't wait to see what you create!!


Mahalo for stopping by and if you would like to purchase any of the new La-La Land Crafts stamps from CHA, they are now in the store.  Have a terrific Wednesday!!

Here's a couple more pictures from CHA. 

With Renate & Jess from TGF, that's my Mermaid card!!


Here's one with Naomi, 3-D Thanh (hangin' off Naomi's purse) & Carisa (Designed to Color)


And here's one with Sharette:


Here's one of me and Sparkle:


And lastly here is a nice group picture of new and former DT teams for The Greeting Farm:


Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:

18 comments:

Linda said...

GF! How much fun did you have at CHA yeah? That is just awesome. I'm finally getting back to blogging and visiting old friends. I see that you're still creating fantastic projects! I love this stamp and even though I said I wasn't gonna buy anymore stamps, I may have to get this one because of the cat! K, girly, take care and ttyl! xoxo, Linda

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho Leanne, how cute it that? What a neat idea to use milk cartons. Super sweet image too.

Mary J said...

Oh Leanne, really adore your make! Gorgeous colouring and tree!

Denice said...

Super sweet, love the milk carton idea...don't you think everything is a bit prettier in violet?!!

Wowza, love all the pix from CHA...how fun to meet up with the TGF girls! :D

Amanda R said...

I wanna make one of these too! This is so adorable and definitely on my to do list now!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love your Marci with cat, great new colour choices... and cute on a milk carton.... More fab pics, now you should turn all those pics and make layouts for your albums...
And don't forget to show us all.. LOL!! Have a super Wednesday Leanne~

Rachel Parys said...

Hey Leanne!

Love the milk carton, what a cute idea!!! I could do everything in purple! I love the picket fence on there too, very sweet.

I am busy trying to get caught up on my girls' scrapbooks. I'm only on Oct. of '05.(omg, i know) It's funny how making cards over the last year has influenced my scrapbook pages. I still have to take a break once in a while to make a card, or two, or three....lol.

Have a great Wednesday!

Love all of your CHA pics!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a lovely project! It was nice to see you and the pictures from CHA! Thanks for sharing!

Karen Wilson said...

How fun! You really look like you enjoyed yourself. I love your creation this week too!! WOW!

pat said...

I love this carton!! and your coloring is FABULOUS! my carton got crushed before I even left CHA :( I will be using the image for another card :) I am going to try this challenge too!
I hope to get together and craft with you soon!

xoxo

Danni said...

Oh I love that you made something other than a card!! How fun and it's super cute!!
Looks like CHA was awesome!!

Lynette said...

Great project, and it looks like a fun time at CHA!

Suzanne Bier said...

Hey Leanne! Love your 3-D milk carton project! Your Marci image is totally cute! Love how you colored her up! It was great to meet you and hang out with you at CHA...hope we get to hang out again soon! Hugs, Suzanne

Thanh Vo said...

May I please also add in that 3D Thanh made it into that photo with Carisa and Naomi too? I belive she's hanging onto Naomi's purse! LOL She seems a little shy though! LOL LOL!!

Thanh Vo said...

LOL Oh Leanne! I was only teasing... and wow!! I didn't even see me in that photo of all us ladies. LOL I've never looked so small in life ;)

faithnme said...

Hi Leanne... WOW loving this post.. I just love getting some face time with you and the other girls.. Love your Marci Card. Purple is soo Me and your coloring is just Amazing..

Hugs

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute!! Great project and I love how you colored Marci's hair!

Michelle said...

looks like you had a blast at CHA - how fun! Your milk carton is darling! What an awesome project!