Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lollipop Crafts #83 - Never Forget, Always Remember

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the late post!  It seems I'm always playing catch up these days.  No fun!!

Today come join both Lollipop Design Teams as we share our cards for this week's "With Deepest Sympathy - in observance of Memorial Day" anything goes challenge on the LC blog.  We don't have a sponsor this week, but we hope you will play along anyways as you could be in our top 3 and may be featured in our Feature Friday spotlight.

When I think of Memorial Day I think of all the soldiers & their families that have sacrificed (living and in heaven) for us to have our freedom.   We should definitely say a prayer & and huge Thank you for all that they do.  I searched Google for some inspiration and found tons, but this coloring page titled Wreath and Flag at Kidprintables.com spoke to me.  Keeping it simple I printed it out and colored it with Copics.  Next I stamped Soldier Ian from The Greeting Farm twice and colored him with Copics.  On both I wiped away his open eyes and made them closed.  I gave one angel wings, courtesy of Angel Anya.  One represents the fallen and the other represents those that still defend us.

Most of the coloring went into the card on the right, using different shades of reds & blues.  I distressed around the edges with black soot.  On the other hand I did very minimal coloring on the background for the other card.  I did use the same black soot Distress ink and went over most of the image.  Both Ians were colored with Copics, one battle ready the other as an angel.  I handwrote the sentiments on both, "Never forget" "Always remember".  Both are mounted on black cs and kraft cards.  I distress inked the kraft cards with the same black soot DI.

Alrighty, hopefully you have already submitted your creations to our challenge this week at the LC blog.  I'm going to continue crafting as I have lots to catch up on.  Wishing you all a lovely day and although Memorial Day is over always remember to thank a soldier or Veteran when you see them!  They will definitely appreciate the love.  Mahalo for stopping by today!

Hugs,
Leanne

13 comments:

Shar said...

Love it Love it!!!

eva said...

both of these are wonderful!! love them!

Danni said...

Very nice cards!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful cards! Love that background you found on the flag. I was looking at your card and wondering where you found that paper and then I read on and saw it was a digi.

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow both cards are very Amazing!! Great Work!!
hugs, Heidi

Unknown said...

You totally outdid yourself here! Fabulous way to remember the soldiers out there for our safety! GO RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Leanne these are just both so stunning. I absolutely love your colouring of both...it is interesting how much the colour can really change the effect of the image! Such a beautiful tribute card :) Hope you are having a lovely day!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hey Leanne,
Holy WOW, these are so awesome. You did a fantastic job on them. Hope you'll get to catch up with things soon. Have a great day / evening.

Rachel Parys said...

Awww, I love them both, they are very moving. You have the coolest ideas! Great work!

Denice said...

Beautiful work on both cards, especially your idea for the fallen angel which is heartfelt in every way!
:Dxx

Sonia said...

Hi Leanne
You did a fantastic creations
Great JOB!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Cyndi said...

These are both so awesome! Great meaning behind it! Always so creative!

Mary J said...

Hello Leanne - my internet is back, yay!

two fab makes - love the contrast!