Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kimono Marci for Momma

Hello!
Woo hoo!  Two days in a row for me!  Yay!  hahaha!!  It's been tough to get any cards done lately.  Work has been pretty hectic and all I wanna do when I get home is either read or watch tv.  I'm slowly finding my groove so to speak and hopefully will be able to get more crafting done this weekend.  So for today I wanted to share the card I made for my momma.  She is now officially retired!!!  She's not sure yet what she's going to do, but I think sleeping in will probably take priority for now.  lol!  Let's see how long that lasts.  Hopefully she will decide to take a long over due vacation back to Hawaii.  We shall see, in the meantime I think she will definitely enjoy doing nothing for a few weeks. :)


This cutie pie is Kimono Marci from La-La Land Crafts.  I think she might be one of my favorites from the last release.  So I colored her up with Copics in shades of browns and greens.  I printed her on white cs (Neenah) then used a circle Spellbinder to cut her out. Left the die on and using Distress inks (wild honey & crushed olives) created the frame around her.  Love how it makes her "glow" and I love the white border around her.  I love adding a really dark contrasting coloring as an accent and this time I used black.  Added that beautiful green/gold origami paper, green & yellow paper roses and some gold cs.  The other new things I've added are the roses and the black floss.  The layout is the Deconstructed Sketch #54, well sort of.  I just realized I missed a panel, but the rest of it looks about right. lol...  I actually love how this one turned out and my mom was pretty excited to add it to her collection.


I kept her kimono really simple, no designs or flourishes and had fun with her umbrella and hair.  Well I better get to bed, it's going to be a movie day again, most likely MIB3.  My mom thinks Snow White and the Huntsman is going to be too dark.  I guess I'll have to go watch it on my own.  lol...  Have a great Saturday... hoping if we get back early I can continue working on some crafty stuff.  Take care and Mahalo for stopping by!
;)

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
Black Tsumugi cs & origami paper (Hanko Designs)
Gold cs (Stardream)
Flowers (Recollections)
Black floss (DMC)
Doily circle die (Spellbinder)
Copics:
Hair: E79, E74
Skin: E50, E51, E01, E21
Kimono/getas/hairbands: YG03, G43, N10
Umbrella: E47, G40, G43, G46

12 comments:

eva said...

super pretty!! love the hair and the colors and the flowers! have a great weekend!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Hope things quieten up for you soon Leanne! It is tough when things are super busy and you have no mojo. This is lovely though...I really like the colouring and the beautiful layout :)

Denice said...

OMG, I just love this Leanne! I can't decide which I like more...your coloring, the image, or the origami paper because all 3 are the perfect combination.

Happy retirement to your mom!

:Dxx

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, Leanne! Great color choice and I imply adore and admire the way you colored her hair! My goodness! So perfect!!!

Mary J said...

Oh wow, beautifully coloured Leanne - a gorgeous make!

Yes, having a fab looooong weekend - Jubilee fun but doing some decorating too :( Hope you are having a lovely weekend too!

Rachel Parys said...

She is sooooo sweet! Your mom will love her! Great colors, and I love the glow of the brownish ink around her, it's perfect! Love what you did with the layout! Great job girlie!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, OH WOW Leanne. I LOVE this card. Your layout and color combo are gorgeous. Love your yellow and brown distressing too. Happy crafting.

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those shades you used on the image.... great card for your Mom!
I'm sure she must have a album by now of all your cards...
Awesome~

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Awesome coloring and love the details!

Lorraine said...

Oh I love that image and your coloring of it! Also love your card design!

Unknown said...

She is so so cute! I like how you used the flowers here and the card layout! Great job Leanne!

scrapnhawaii said...

She is JUST GOOORGOUSSS!!! Beautiful job, Leanne... but then again you have always been very talented!!! TFS!