Sunday, September 30, 2012

Y&FH Challenge #4 - Emboss it!

Hey everyone!!

Happy Sunday!! Today starts a new bi-weekly challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade.  This week Rosie wants us to emboss our projects.  Whether its dry or wet create that cool look with some fun embossing folders, or some cool colored embossing powders.  Hop on over to the Y&FH blog to see what embossing technique the DT used on their projects then create your own and link up with us.  Don't forget to follow the rules when you play along. Check the challenge page for all the details. 

I personally love embossing.  I love when you put paper between two pieces of plastic and then squish it through a machine and it creates a really cool effect to the paper.  I also love using fun stamps, pigment inks and fun embossing powders to give that wet look to plain paper.  Let's see what I have for you today...


It's another tag featuring Yumi with Book from our Back 2 School collection.  Went with some dry embossing because I was crunched for time.  The embossing folders I used are both from Cuttlebug.  One is my favorite, Swiss Dots, the other is an Argyle pattern.  I added in two thin strips of black and white polka dot washi tape.  She was a lot of fun to color in pinks and blacks.  I think I'd love to have pink hair if I could pull it off.  LOL!!  Maybe for Halloween, we'll see.

Hope you can join us for this week's bi-weekly challenge.  There is no prize this time but you can be in the running for our top 3 and that comes with a pretty awesome personalized badge to display on your blog for all to see.  


Hoping to go to J-Town today for a crafts fair and good food.  If not, I'll be doing some laundry and crafting the day away.  Have a terrific Sunday everyone and Mahalo for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Leanne

8 comments:

scrapnhawaii said...

Soo adorable, Leanne! And soo totally H I P with her pink hair and outfit!!! The swiss dots is still my all time favorite!!! xoxo

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Leanne love this the colours are fab together and your colouring is top!!

Sonia said...

Hi Leanne
Super Fabby creation! Love the pink hair look so pretty. Great JOB!
-Sony

Rachel Parys said...

She is totally rocking that pink hair!! Love the black/pink color combo, super cool!! Great job!

Denice said...

This is just too cute...I love your take on the embossing challenge, it all goes together perfectly! But I think you already knew that, LOL!
:Dxx

Linda said...

loving Yumi in her pink hair! Great color combos!!!

eva said...

great tag and cute hair! haha, i love embossing too 'cept i broke my big shot. big unhappy face!

Cyndi said...

Super cute tag! Loving the pink hair! Fun colors!