Monday, December 24, 2012

My MIC-Sandie Holiday Banner

Hey!!!  Happy Christmas Eve!!

Today we have our annual company luncheon, so lots of fun stuff going on with associates bringing in their kids.  Mayhem is not the word for it..  Just a lot of fun and who the heck wants to work when there is so much fun stuff to do?  lol!!

I'm a bit slow today, call it sleep deprived but it's all good cause I'm ready for today.  Got the rest of the presents wrapped and finished the cards and tags.  Will share those later this week.  Today I wanted to share my MIC/Sandie inspired Holiday banner.  I call it my MIC (Make It Crafty)/Sandie Holiday banner because I used MIC images and the banner was inspired by my friend and AWEmazing crafty friend Sandie.  Please you must stop by her blog and check out all the gorgeous creations she makes.  I just saw another awesome banner she did and am totally floored!!  She has that affect on me.  (lol)

So last year Zoe, owner of Make It Crafty, had these awesome elves in her shop and of course I had to get them all.  I colored some up last year for Christmas but didn't get a chance to put them on any cards.  So this time around I printed out more of them and started to color them here and there over a month ago.  When I saw Sandie's banner I wanted to do something similar.  So here is my version of my MIC/Sandie inspired holiday banner... (Sorry the MIC store is closed so I can't link any of the images, but once she reopens the store I will add them)

(Click on the picture to see the full view)

Here are the panels from left to right:

Floppy

Duffy

Zippy



Tinkles

Socks

Rocky

Each panel is matted onto dark brown cardstock, then layered with a woodgrain stamped and distressed piece of kraft cardstock, next a doily, another dark brown cardstock mat and then the image.  Each image was distressed to give a nice subtle frame around the image and then I added MIC chippies holly and corners.  On the ends of the banner I tied off some jingle bells with some twine and in between each panel in the middle I attached a wooden star button with twine to connect them together.

It currently is hanging in the dining room which is where I do most of my crafting.  Love seeing it hanging there and can't wait to make another one.  Okie dokes, have a wonderful Christmas Eve, one more day to get things done!  

Mahalo for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Leanne

6 comments:

Denice said...

This is so cool, I LOVE the images! What a fun and jolly way to decorate!
:Dxx

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Leanne.
Hugs, Sony

Amy said...

This is adorable Leanne, love those elves! Sounds like you'll have an awesome Christmas Eve at work, lucky girl! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Mimi said...

wow! gorgeous looking banner! those elves are so adorable!! happy holidays!! ;D

Unknown said...

I am floored as well...makes me want to do more banners. Great idea btw connecting it with a star and twine =)

Cyndi said...

Wow, amazing! You are on a roll!