Thursday, January 3, 2013

Make a Wish

Morning Friends!

Today is my friend's niece's birthday!  We celebrated on New Year's day with a big party with lots of food, family, friends, and fun.  Oh yea, and lots of presents!!  I think she can now officially open her own Hello Kitty store! (hehe) She received a lot of really cute stuff, mostly One Direction and HK goodies.  She is well loved and deservedly so.

This one's for the birthday girl, and I just loved her mom's reaction when she saw my name on the back of the card.  Hehehe, priceless and so cool!  Okie dokes, here it is featuring Wryn Fairy Wishes from Tiddly Inks and my own handwritten sentiment.  Happy Birthday Maile!
 

This card was actually made last year in June (2012).  I hadn't revealed it back then because it just so happens that it was published in the Designed to Color Aug/Sep issue for the Color Watch Tangerine Tango category and we were asked to wait before posting to our blogs.  I'm on page 8 and was doubly excited when I saw I was on the same page as Amy Young, she's so awesome!!  If you click on this link you can see a sneak preview of the Aug/Sep issue, which also includes page 8. :)  Please consider subscribing to Designed to Color's magazine, all the details are on their blog and they now also have a challenge so make sure you check it out.

I wanted to take this opportunity to publically say Thank you to Designed to Color for making this girl's dream come true of being published!  It's always such a nice rush to see something you created being recongnized.  Everyone should consider submitting to their calls, cause you really never know unless you give it a try.  I also have one more card to share from that issue which I will share it a little later.
 
Alrighty, hope you are all having a great week.  Mahalo for stopping by!
 
Hugs,
Leanne
 
Guess what?  I just happen to have the details of the card, courtesy of DTC's policy {hehe}.  So here you go:
 
Supply list
Cardstock: Neenah Star White,
Paper: MME On The Bright Side
Stamp: Tiddly Inks Wryn-Fairy Wishes digital image
Ink: Tim Holtz by Ranger Wild Honey Distress Ink, Copic multiliner, Atyou Spica Clear
Embellishments: Recollections paper roses
Other: Spellbinders small square & postage stamps
Coloring Medium: Copic markers
Skin- E000, E00, E01, E11, R20
Hair-YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27
Clothes- E95, E97, E99, YR000, YR00, YR01
Other- YR82, Y32, Y26, Y28, YG03

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is absolutely gorgeous Leanne, however I am more jealous on your handwriting - talk about gorgeous! Congrats and being published!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Leanne this is so gorgeous!! Beautiful colouring...especially her gorgeous skirt. A huge congrats on being published aswell!! I am finally back from my holidays and hope you had a great time aswell :) xx

Danni said...

Love this! So pretty!! and so cool that it was published too!