Monday, February 4, 2013

Shhh... Don't rock the baby

Good morning everyone!

Hope you had a great weekend!  Congrats to the Ravens.  Were you dissappointed in the game yesterday?  Lots of controversy, especially when the lights went out.  Too funny, by that time the game was just boring for me.  It did pick up in the end which is how it should have started.  I liked some of the commercials, but they weren't spectacular and Beyonce did her thang!  It was nice to see her partnering up again with Kelly and Michelle.  Looking forward to their comeback tour.

Today I have this fun monkey card I made for one of my dearest friends.  She's preggers and her baby shower theme was monkeys.  I knew exactly which stamps I wanted to use for her card.  The first was the cute monkey from Sweet November Land's Safari Pals set and the second was Baby Bear Beatrice from C.C. Designs. 


Yes the background is paper I made using the monkey and randomly flipping him upside down.  So love playing with digis to make fun background paper.  I didn't really have to do anything more.  I made the monkey bigger and placed him in the center then placed a tiny BBB on to his head.  Hehehe, Monkey looks like he's scared to move and wake the baby.  So I'm calling this one, "Don't rock the baby."  lol...  I used distress inks, Vintage Photo, around the edges and then used Walnut Stain on the edge of the paper.  I stamped the sentiment (AmyR Welcome Little One) Congratulations on some dp and made it in to a banner.  The diaper pins are from the CC Cutter Baby Accessories die set.  The ribbon was from the Ribbon Carousel and went perfectly with the rest of the card.

That's all I have today, Mahalo for stopping by!.  Have a terrific day!!
Hugs,
Leanne

5 comments:

Shar said...

Yes I agree I love making my own background papers! For now I am just stamping words but I love how it comes out!!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Is it for Angie? Love the background paper and I happen to be ordering that distress ink too from tim holz hehe.

Denice said...

Very cute...love the little guy on the monkey's head!! Verrrrrry cute diaper pins!
:Dxx

Amy said...

OMGosh, you are so clever! Love the monkey paper you made and the little scene you've made, I'm so impressed! Amazing card, Leanne!

Margo said...

Oh my goodness!! SUPER cute card all around! Love how you made the background paper and put Baby Beatrice on the monkey's head! Soooo..cute! :D Great job!!!