Sunday, April 28, 2013

Y&FH Challenge #15 ~ Shaped card for Mother's Day

Morning!!

Happy Sunday friends!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Today starts a new challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade. The challenge is to create a shaped card other than one that you would normally make and to give it a theme we want you to create something that you would give for Mother's Day.   Today Rosie & I are starting off the show and we both hope you get inspired.  Stop by the blog to see all the challenge rules, details and then head on over to Rosie's blog to leave her some love.  Her card is adorable!!

Normally I love to make shaped cards but sometimes it's just easier to make that normal shaped card right?  That's why I'm so glad we're doing this challenge because now I have to make a different shaped card which means breaking out my Spellbinders.  Woo Hoo!!  I have a couple new ones that I have been wanting to use.  Sweet!  Here's my card using the largest of the Floral Ovals as the card base with the rest of the card layered with regular ovals and one of the banner dies from Spellbinders.   The image I used is one of my favorites, Fumi with Bear Backpack...


This card reminds me of one of those fancy frames or a cameo brooch.  Love the ornateness (is that a word?) of the card base and the layered ovals on top bring the card together nicely.  The dp is from MME, Miss Caroline.  I used Copics and Distress inks (Dusty Concord & Stormy Sky) for the main image as well as to stamp the sentiment.  Decided to do something simple on the inside for fun...


Stamped Fumi with Bear Backpack with the Distress inks, then I stamped over her with the two sentiments from AmyR (All About Mom sentiments).  I can't wait to make more shaped cards and hope you can join us too.  Stop by next week to see the rest of the DT's inspirations and hope you'll all play along. 

**The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to our online store.

Before I forget, we will be wrapping up our last two Spread the Love events this week.  The first is our Week #4 Giveaway on Facebook, stop by the blog tomorrow to check out the link and the prize. The second is our Anything Goes with Yumi & Fumi blog challenge.  Both end on Friday, May 3rd.


Thank you for stopping by and commenting.  It truly makes me smile.  Have a fantastic Sunday everyone!  Take care!!

xx
Leanne

6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

This is gorgeous Leanne!! I love that shape, it's so fancy!! Awesome work!

The shape I used on my Miss Anya card was created from my Cameo. I just enlarged a rectangle postage stamp shape. Love that darn machine!

Cely said...

super super cute, leanne! your coloring is so fab!

Linda said...

Super fancy card!!! Inspiring me to put together a shape card now...

eva said...

i love the inside of the card too! so sweet!

Angie Delarie said...

Leanne all your work is fantastic!
I would love it if you would consider being on my design team? Its just one card every 2 weeks...with my digital stamp designs. Here is my blog to check them out!
http://angiedelarieproducts.blogspot.com/
I hope you consider as I love your style! Cheers Angie Delarie

Cyndi said...

Beautiful shaped card! Love the border!