Monday, June 17, 2013

A Happy Father's Day card

Hello!

Hoping all the father's and father figures had a great day yesterday.  We took my dad to dinner, he doesn't like any kind of fuss over him, if anything he would have rather stayed at home, but we convinced him to go to his favorite Japanese restaurant and he agreed.  Still grumbled but we still got to go. (haha)

Here's is the card I made for him featuring Tiki from the Tiki Surf set (Hang Loose series) from Y&FH.


That paper was purchased by my mom on her last trip to Hawaii.  I asked her to bring some home for me and she picked up a few different kinds.  Now I normally would never buy something like this, but I'm glad I had it, it really did come in handy.  Especially for this card.  After gluing down the patterned paper to the dark brown cardstock I used a Spellbinder square to cut the window.  Colored up Tiki and added that coconut leaf hat for fun.  (To create the hat I drew it and then drew in the lines. Colored used a dark green and a medium colored green and a gray.  After cutting the top part I made sure to randomly cut the brim raggedly.  I'll try to make a tutorial for next time.  This one was left over from the first time I tried it here.)  The background is kraft cardstock and embossed with a retro diamond folder (Lifestyle Crafts), Distress ink scattered straw and walnut stain)  I used an AmyR sentiment stamp (Happy Father's Day) inking it with white pigment ink and embossing it with clear embossing powder.


Hope you have a terrific Monday and if you haven't already picked up any of the new stamps here's the link to the website.  Mahalo for stopping by!

Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

eva said...

fun card leanne! love the hat on the tiki!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Cool card Leanne. Totally "Hawaiian."

Cyndi said...

Loving this Hawaiian card! Fun fun!