Friday, August 23, 2013

Kitty Bee Designs - CH #6 Mid Inspiration

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!

Today, the Bees are sharing our mid-inspirations for the current Aloha Friday challenge over on the Kitty Bee Designs blog.  Please stop over and see what the rest of the Bees are up to.  A reminder that you still have time to play in the current challenge:

CHALLENGE #6
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

For my share, I made two very CAS cards featuring the adorable Pleasantly Surprised Bear digi


Birthday card
Isn't this image adorable? I love how the bear is peeking out of the gift box! Also looks like he's wearing a hat.  hehe. Super cute! 

I used white Neenah cardstock for the base and embossed it with a Sizzix polka dot folder.  Added a strip to the bottom and stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment using a Paper Smooches clear stamp.  Colored the bear and gift box with Copics and used the 0 marker to make the polka dots on the gift.


Mini Birthday card
I printed out two images, one slightly bigger than the other.  I was planning on making another card/tag set, but had a scrap of leftover white cardstock big enough to make a smaller version of the card.  So I mimicked this card to the first one.  I reversed the colors on the image and love how the ribbon turned out.  Again I colored with Copics and taking the 0 marker I added the polka dots.  The sentiment was handwritten.

Birthday card & Mini B-day card
Here is what the cards look like side-by-side.  The bear is so cute it really doesn't need anything more than a nice embossed backdrop.  I'm sure I'll be using this image over and over for many more birthday, anniversary or celebration cards and projects.

 
Well that's all for me.  Make sure you head on over to the KBD blog and directly link up your project at the original post from last week (8/16).  Make sure to follow the rules or else Kel will have to delete it.  That would be a total bummer!
 
Mahalo for stopping by today!  Have a fantastic Aloha Friday!
 
Hugs,
Lilo 

4 comments:

Danni said...

Very cute and sweet!

Unknown said...

Love it! Team Bees rock!!

Colleen said...

What a cute card and image. Both versions of the card turned out great! I love Kitty Bee Designs and went nuts at Ben Franklin when I was in Oahu. I couldn't resist and purchased lots of the ones that I don't already have.

Unknown said...

So adorable, Leanne!