Sunday, August 18, 2013

Y&FH CH #22 - Photo Inspiration

Aloha from the Big Island!
I'm taking a little break from blogland for a while, except to pre-post some challenge team projects, like today's Y&FH one.  Stop by the Y&FH blog for more details on today's challenge, the rules and check out the wonderful creations by Team Yumi created for....

CHALLENGE #22 - PHOTO INSPIRATION



I'll be back in another week or so to catch up and see what everyone has been up to.  It's been raining for the past couple of days so it was the perfect time to stay at the house and craft.  Now I didn't bring too much stuff, but lucky for me I was able to get some items at the local "Michael's" aka "Ben Franklin" and I got a chance to visit the famous Island Scrapbooking where I picked up lots of fun stuff to play with. :) If you're in the neighborhood try to stop by, it's a cute little shop and the owner, Michelle is so nice.  I've already been twice and I'm more than likely heading back there before I leave. (lol)

Now getting back to my project.  Like I said I didn't bring a lot with me, but I did find a few things to make this CAS card featuring Summer Yumi...

Thank you with Summer Yumi
 I colored Yumi on the plane ride over so all I had to do was fussy cut her.  She's popped on the card with 3-D mounting tape.  The flowers (except for the one in her hair) and "Thank you" sentiment are all laser cut-outs that I picked up at IS.  The flower in her hair is from Jolee and the dp is Sweet Girl by Lori Whitlock for Echo Park.  Loved the colors and patterns on both because they tied in with the colors in the inspiration photo. 

Ok folks, you have until next week Friday, Aug 30th to link up your project HERE.  Good luck!  Mahalo for stopping by today, I hope you all have a wonderful week and get crafty with Yumi & Fumi.  Until next time...

Summer Yumi

Alooohaaa!

Hugs,
Leanne

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your card has "Aloha" all over it Leanne. Glad you got to shop at IS and BFC. Fun yah??? See ya!

Denice said...

Shopping, crafting, and relaxing....sounds like a vacation to me!!! A great card...makes me feel happy.

RiNNE said...

So cute!! Your take on the challenge is perfect!!

Lynn said...

This is such a summery sweet card. I feel happy just looking at it. Thanks for sharing your talent.

kanatanewf said...

Yumi really looks like she is enjoying her summer! Great card for the inspiration challenge.