Friday, December 20, 2013

LFF #65 - Warm wishes...a birthday card

Happy Aloha Friday!

Today I'm jumping back in with a Lilo's Fun Friday share, it's been quite some time.  In the midst of all the Christmas crafting I took some time to make a birthday card with one of my pre-made BG cards. This one was a lot of fun to make.  I combined two stamp lines to make this card for my friend & co-worker, Doreen.

Anya Strolls & Kiki

I did a slight alteration to Big Anya Strolls from TGF.   First I gave her a haircut and then I replaced her cute little dog with a bigger cute dog named Kiki from Sister Stamps.  I also gave Anya some glasses.  Now Doreen doesn't have bangs like her, but she at one time did so I thought hey why not again? :)  After I colored both Kiki and Anya I fussy cut them both out and used pop dots to add to my card base.  Kiki is colored to look like Doreen's dog Princess who is her pride and joy, I hop I did her justice.  ^.^  Here's a close-up of both of them...

Anya & Kiki

Normally when we celebrate a birthday at work, Doreen is the one who bakes for us.  When it comes to her birthday, we've just ordered or picked up something in the past trying to give her something she would like.  This year I thought it would be fun to ask another co-worker to help me make her birthday dessert.  So I happened to ask her if she wanted to still have a fruit tart or chocolate cake from Porto's to which she actually changed her mind.  She asked for cupcakes instead.  White or yellow cake, any type of frosting with a fresh strawberry on top.  I asked if she was sure and she said yes.   So for her birthday she got what she wanted and she was really surprised with the results...

Yellow cupcake with pink frosting topped with a 1/2 strawberry

Luckily we have several bakers that work in our office so I asked one of them for help and boy did she come through!!  The cupcakes were delicious, but the best part was seeing Doreen's face when she first saw the dessert.  Priceless!!

Cupcake display with cupcake signs

Jean, the ones that made the cupcakes, did a wonderful job, exactly what I/Doreen asked for.  I took a picture of all the piping she did too... 

Piping rock star!!

Can you believe she did the same to 23 more cupcakes?!! Yep, she's a rock star.   Here's a little collage I made including a picture of the b-day girl. :)

Happy Day for Doreen!!

Well thanks so much for stopping by.  I know I've been such a bad blogging friend and I appreciate everyone that comes and leaves a comment.  I hope to be better at stopping by old friend's blogs and seeing what you've been up to.  Mahalo!!  Have a super awesome Aloha Friday!!

Hugs,
Lilo

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

What a sweet card and yummies that you all coordinated for her birthday.. I'm sure she was ecstatic as can be..

Rachel Parys said...

Ok, seriously!!?? Coolest alterations ever!!! lol! She looks so cute!! What a great imagination you have!! Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!!!!

Colleen said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas. I love the b-day card that you made for your co-worker. You did a fab job in giving Anya a hair cut and giving her some glasses. She actually looks pretty cute with glasses. The cupcakes that were made for your co-worker are beautiful. Have a fun and crafty 2014! Hugs!

Unknown said...

wow such a great alteration you did here! Those cupcakes look scrumptious!!