Friday, February 21, 2014

LFF #67 - Purple & Gold for Sesame Bijoux

Happy Aloha Friday!

It's been too long since my last Lilo's Fun Friday so I thought I'd kick off the weekend with this card I made back in November for my friend Jenny for her birthday.  She loves her some purple.  The only thing that I'm surprised is not purple is her car which is red.  The other thing she likes is lots of sparkle.  For her card I chose purple colors with a splash of gold and some beautiful washi paper from Hanko Designs.  For my centerpiece I chose the always popular Miyoko from Sister Stamps

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgMZzoeaVLziFkA8Sv1G6f3LjdM-yHxMrrS_1CNcJFyk0o1uauHKsXtZDvz1N5hJCdpk0nfJpG9shsMaAD5J3nOq6dnpIxs34pSsNd5tZDpPM2qE9jjslvq17MMN_S-d1NxinlnxAOgMDE/w745-h771-no/CYMERA_20131113_131333.jpg 

It's a big card, had to be to fit that doily!  (hahaha)  Now, the details or layers... Dark purple card, lavender cardstock, washi paper, gold doily, dark purple circle, washi paper circle, a lavender die cut doily, Island Scrapbooking sentiment, MIC Laser Chipboard corners and of course Miyoko.  The chipboard corners and the Happy Birthday sentiment were both colored with Copic markers to match the dark purple cardstock. I also used Copics to color Miyoko.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhqRKn4qtuBEk7UfiS8ky64dAi7VX68m1LDTnNcsw1pFLshg6QIgFYi1S4gIXATXVrN_5O-YPR9AwHk9Jxjmq5iuH3m_ry54Rsj2s3gNeiW0FMIooKnqXsGkTqrUjLgGxqPf5f1MPjg48w/w795-h737-no/CYMERA_20131113_132250.jpg

This shot shows the gold on the doily as well as the gold in Miyoko's kimono (which happens to be paper-pieced.)  Now the secret of that gold doily is that it was actually white to begin with.  Yes, I used this awesome new product (at least to me) from Viva Decor Inka Gold.  I bought it from Joann's and it comes in all kinds of awesome colors.  Yes you can use your coupon to buy it and I have to say, it's pretty awesome.  I bought some other colors and cannot wait to play with them. I will have to figure out where that doily die is from, I want to say Sizzix, but I can't find the link to one, so I will update that one later.  Oh and if you're wondering where I added the glitter, well to the cupcake of course! :)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhfRS8kflXT6r8iDwXGyElErD9Ul28Cz7DC025mRsuYKzeDdEKV4N_vCLQcO-8JNm5ECQQMNyPY5ZAWLvIrs6c0w_UfGTTeT0rxyRwLjvv2mBEIq_6YrWIs0mT19xrYCxC0PVf3HveanvI/w563-h771-no/CYMERA_20131113_132320.jpg

I hope today's share, although late, was worth the wait. ;)  Have a terrific Friday and a great weekend!!

Update: Here is the link to the Sizzix Thinlits die I used. 

Hugs,
Lilo

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Outstanding card! Love your color choices of purple and gold. I've love the idea of coloring the doily with Inka Gold. I love that product but never thought of using it on such a delicate paper. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw sweet card! those are my fave colors too... Love them purples!
I need to try that inka gold on my doilies, LOL!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh wow, super sweet Leanne. Gotta look into the Inka Gold thingy. Love the metallic effect. Have a great weekend.

Jo said...

i love pruple! awesome card and lovely girl!

eunice said...

Fabulous job and beautiful card! Love the washi paper and all the layers. Definitely need to check out Inka gold...can't wait to try it!

Denice said...

Oh my, this purple and gold combination is gorgeous....and all those layers have me swooning! Beautiful indeed
:Dxx

Cyndi said...

Very beautiful Leanne! Love the color combo and details!