Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Birthday Card for Mom

Hello!

May is a busy month of birthdays for me.  The 1st alone has 3 I needed to come up with.  I shared one of the cards the other day and today I'm going to share the one I made for my mom.  This card was a lot of fun to make.  I used a few supplies that I found at Daiso and the rest was from my stash.


I picked the colors from that beautiful strip of fabric tape behind Yoko. The card itself is a bluish-gray washi paper.  Both of these items I found at Daiso.  The strip of white lace was purchased at Marukai and the kanji Happy Birthday stamp is from Crafter's Companion.  I chose Yoko for obvious reasons, but most of all, she is one of my all time favorites.


I really love the colors on Yoko, will definitely use those again.  Ok, time to sign off.  Thanks for stopping by. Have a great 1/2 way to Fri-day!

^.^

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom. She'll love your card made from the heart. Love the kanji stamp and the red highlights in Yoko's hair.

Lynn said...

Aw, this is a really lovely card for your mom. I love that Yoko stamp and how you colored her kimono. The Asian elements you chose truly work well with the image. I love seeing your creative work.

Unknown said...

That tape from daiso sure is awesome!! The color combo on Yoko's outfit really pops with the background. She is one of my favorite's too! I'm sure your mom loves it!!

Denice said...

Ohhhhh, I just love this card and think I'm going to have to CASE it!
Hope your mother had a happy, happy day!
:Dxx