Sunday, May 4, 2014

Anya Treats Birthday Card

Well hello!

Hope you're all having a nice weekend.  It's been quite sometime since my last post, so I'm popping in today to share a card I made for a friend's birthday.  I'll try to keep it short.


I decided to go with summery colors using bright/light yellows, oranges, and some hints of peach.  The card base is a 6x12 piece of DCWV patterned paper.  Perfect for what I was going for.  I picked Anya Treats from TGF for my image, colored her with Copics and instead of fussy cutting her, kept some of the white paper so I could add some loopy doodles around the edge. The flowers are from Recollections that I have had for years, added a doily, some flat-backed pearls and a computer generated sentiment.  Glad to use up some of my older supplies that I think are still so pretty.


I've been using my WOS clear glitter brush pen a lot lately. I love how it gives a nice shimmer to the bright colors, and sometimes, like up top, it photographs nicely.


One down, several more to go.  :)  Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday as Monday will be here way too soon.  Thanks for stopping by!
^.^

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I'm sure your friend will be delighted to receive this birthday card in happy colors. The pearl flourish adds that special touch. Hope you're having a great weekend. Feels like summer today...ohhhh HOT.

Denice said...

A sweet image always makes fr a sweet card! Love this!
Hope you're ding well my friend! I am playing catch up from the past couple of weeks. I've visited your blog, just haven't left comments....boohoo! I'll try to fix that!
:Dxx

Unknown said...

Love the orange and yellow hues! Makes the card so warm and welcoming! I would totally use that shimmer glitter pen of yours all the time too if I have my hands on it hehe.