Wednesday, June 4, 2014

For Lani & Chris

Morning!
Happy Hump day!

Over the weekend my family and I spent some time in Pismo Beach, CA to celebrate my cousin's wedding.  It was a beautiful day and a lovely event.  The setting was over looking the beach, everyone was dressed to impress, the bridesmaids looked so pretty, the groomsmen looked very cool, the groom looked very handsome, but the bride took the spotlight.  She was beautiful!!  We partied til late and went home tired but it was a good tired knowing that the celebration was to honor the happy couple.  Since the wedding was an outdoor affair I made a card that reflected that using no image, but summery papers and pretty flowers.  I think I achieved what I wanted to do.


The flowers are a blend of Petaloo, Prima and Recollections.  I loved the textures on the Petaloo flowers, they somehow reminded me of the sea.  My cousin's favorite color is turquoise, so the aqua was the closest I could get and adding the peaches and oranges really worked out beautifully.  Here's a close-up of the flower arrangements.  Now I'm no expert like my cousin, but I love how it turned out.  First up is the aqua flower...


And here's a close-up of the orangey-peach flower.  I love the difference in the textures of the flower with the soft colors.  I'm going to have to buy more of these.


The papers are a combination of Hanko, Neenah, DCWV and K&Co.  I added a pretty white crotched border and framed out their names with an MFT die.


The inside was what my mom wanted so I printed it out on cardstock from DCWV.  Sorry I don't know where she found it.


Here are a couple pictures (courtesy of my cousin & FB) of Lani & Chris and as you can see it was a beautiful day for a wonderful celebration of love and commitment...


To the happy couple, may you both be as happy as you are here forever and ever.  Love you guys!!


Well I better get moving, hope you all have a wonderful day!  Mahalo for stopping by!

5 comments:

eva said...

how pretty! the card has a very beach-y feel!

Denice said...

Looks like a beautiful day for a very happy couple! Your card looks almost as gorgeous as the bride...as the bride ALWAYS is in the spotlight!
:Dxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

A lovely card for a lovely couple on a lovely day. Cool wedding card too and the flowers are gorgeous with lots of details. Have a great rest-of-the week.

Lynn said...

Oh, this card is gorgeous and perfect for a summer wedding. I love the ocean color paired with the orange. I'm sure your cousin found it breathtaking and will keep the card in her wedding album. Awesome job!

Unknown said...

Love all those flowers on this card. It's the perfect color combo for the beach!