Friday, June 13, 2014

LFF #73 - I love bamboo

Hello!
Hope you're all having a great Aloha Friday the 13th! (dun dun dunnnnnn! hahaha)

Usually I don't need a reason to make a card, but this time I was sending a payment for some cookies I bought from my cousin's fundraiser and I didn't want to just send a check in an envelope.  That would go against the cardmakers oath!  hahaha!!  So for today's Lilo's Fun Friday #73 share I would like to showcase this card I sent to my cousin using Shin-Shin from Sister Stamps.


All of the paper materials, except the Neenah cardstock, can be purchased at Hanko Designs. I thought the bamboo washi paper added a great background to my layout.  The green card is Tsugumi cardstock and I also used the same paper for the matte circle in turquoise.  That is some really great paper with a nice pattern too it.  The sentiment is computer generated and says, "I love bamboo" and on the inside I handwrote, "But I love cookies more!" It's true, cookies taste much better than bamboo. (hahaha)  Here's a close up of Shin-Shin and see the cool texture on the Tsugumi papers?


Pretty stoked with how it turned out and I hope my cousin will like it.  In this next shot you'll see I added some sparkle with my Wink of Stella glitter pen.  Can't use this enough! hahaha! 


Okie dokes, it's time to say Aloha! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and that you're all having a great summer.  Mahalo for stopping by and as always I appreciate all your wonderful comments.

xx
Lilo

4 comments:

eva said...

how cute! and that fancy cardstock looks great too. i'll have to check that out. happy weekend!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hee-hee, your write-up cracked me up....dun, dun, dunnnnn. So sweet of you to send this cute card to your cuz with a check. Love your Asian theme. Have a great weekend.

Lynn said...

Shin Shin never looked better. I love everything about this card. I think you chose just the right background papers and colors. I just got some of that textured paper but I didn't know it was called tsugumi. Thanks for the great idea of what to do with it.

Unknown said...

You are too cute and funny about sending the thank you card along with a check! Love the cute card you made of the panda! Sentiment goes so perfect with it.