Friday, July 25, 2014

LFF #76 - Happy Birthday Danny!

Morning!

Today for Lilo's Fun Friday #75, I wanted to share a card I made for a little boy named Danny Nickerson from Foxboro, Massachusetts.  He's celebrating his 6th birthday today!!  Woo Hoo!!  On my last post, I shared a link to Danny's story and his only wish was to receive birthday cards for his birthday.  How cool is this?  I read on Facebook yesterday that he has already received more than thousands of cards/packages and it's not his birthday yet!  OMG that is awesome!!  I know quite a few amazing cardmakers from all over the globe who were busily making their cards to send to Danny by his birthday.  Whether he receives them by today or days later, I'm sure he will be smiling from ear to ear having the time of his life opening each card and package.  That's what I love about this crafting community: People from all over getting excited about sending a brave and inspiring little guy a birthday card.  I jumped on the bandwagon and made this card featuring someone who I think will definitely make Danny's birthday a little bit brighter and bring him a smile too...


Yep, it's a very special guest appearance by none other than Bob the Yeti from Y&FH!  It's been quite some time since I inked up this gentle giant.  As you can see I wiped away all the Christmas lights and gave him a nice furry look.  He's dressed up for the occasion with his red bow tie and the glasses, doesn't he look dapper?  I think so.  After coloring him up I pulled a fairly new paper pad that had a cool birthday theme and used several sheets to make a card with no real layout in mind.  Just started cutting and things just sorta came together...


Ta-da!!  hahaha!!  I love how bright and happy this card turned out to be.  I hope Danny feels the same way. ^.^  See my brain works so much better late at night or is that early morning?!  hahaha!  The sentiment is also from the same paper pad and totally worked as a cool banner.  This paper pad made it super easy to complete this card.  Now as most of you know, I don't usually add anything to the inside, except a nice sheet of white printing paper with a computer generated sentiment, but I decided hey why not, it's only 3am, keep going, and so I did. (bahahaha!)  Instead of going with just the patterned paper and a white space for a little message I added two more familiar faces to add an extra cuteness factor. (If fun also comes to mind I accomplished my goal.)  Also making a guest appearance, say hello to my little friends, Fumi (w/ Turtle) & Chuckles (w/ Gecko).  


See my brain really does work better at night/early morning.  (hahaha)  Inside the white space I wrote a little message to Danny wishing him a fabulous birthday, not sure if he's able to read that, but I'm sure one of his parents will.  Alrighty folks, I think I'll close with a shout out to Danny...

 
Mahalo for stopping by!  Happy Aloha Friday!!  God Bless!
Hugs,
Lilo

Supplies I used:
Bob the Yeti, Fumi w/ Turtle, Chuckles w/ Gecko stamps (Yumi & Fumi Handmade), MFT dies (beautiful bows, stitched circles), LLLC Flag banner die, white & black Neenah cardstock, red with embossed dots cardstock (Michael's), CC Designs Cutters Guys die, 6x6 patterned paper We R Memory Keepers HIP HIP hooray! (I purchased it at Michael's), Danny's name was handwritten with Copic W10.  Copics used to color Bob: W2, W4, W6 W7, B93, B91 & R21.  Sorry I forgot to write down the Copics for the other two images (In my defense it was 3am by that time... hahaha!)  Toodles!!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your card is put a HUGE smile on Danny's face. Totally a "boy" card. OMGosh, I hope you got to sleep. I'd be cross-eyed. LOL.

Blankina said...

What a super cute card..and yes I am sure he will love it!
Big hugs
Blankina

aussie aNNie said...

Great color combinations and image used makes a beautiful and awesome card.xx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Unknown said...

Hi!! I think this card is so cute! Such good use of all the characters! Makes me smile and brings back memories!