Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Happy Birthday David!

Hello!

Sunday was my younger brother's birthday.  I usually give him a card with something to do with basketball, I ran out of ideas then thought about giving him a card with something that he loves.  His shoes!!  hahaha!!  Yep, he loves his collection of basketball shoes.  He's always sporting new ones sometimes stalking the sites to make sure he gets the newest ones, usually Jordan's, before anyone else can get them.  Needless to say my dad has benefitted when he doesn't want them anymore.  Darn I wish we wore the same size.  hahaha... So I went online to look for a digital image and found a cool one from Yes Coloring.  Here's what I came up with...


Now I don't normally get giddy for birthday cards, but I really couldn't wait to see my brother's face when he opened the envelope.  His smile was huge!!  hahaha!  I don't think he was expecting it.  hehehe!  Yes, it's hard to pull one over on him.  The only thing he objected to was the red on the sole of the shoe.  Eh!  Oh well, I think there could be a Jordan with a red sole somewhere...  If not, he'll have the only one.  hahaha!


Another birthday in the can, hopefully I can think of something cool for next year.  Maybe two shoes instead of one?  lol!  We'll see how it goes.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Supplies:
Jordan AJ F3 digi - Yes Coloring
Black, white, silver cardstock - Neenah
Red cardstock - Recollections
Happy Birthday embossing folder
Black soot - Distress ink TH by Ranger
Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
Transparent liquid pen - Viva Decor
Copics:
N4, R37, N1, N8

6 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Super cool card love the colours.xx♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Cely said...

oh this is so cool! love it!!!

Denice said...

What a great image.....so perfect for a guy and sneaker lover!
:Dxx

eva said...

how great that you found an image so perfect for your brother! such a special card!

Lynn said...

Fabulous card for a guy! Your brother will really see how much you love him because it is obvious that this card took a lot of effort. I love the color scheme and all the details.

Unknown said...

Lol this is so him!! I am sure he likes it!