Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Girl's Day!

Hello!

Popping in for a quick post.

Happy Girl's Day!

I almost missed making something for today!


This is a quick tag I made today that can be used for any occasion, but for today it's perfect for Girl's Day.  I just happened to have that beautiful background (older Kodomo stamp from Hanko Designs) already stamped & colored up (score!).  I was planning to use it for a recent project but it didn't work out.  But it worked out today!  I now needed an image to add to it.  Flipping through my stamps I thought tiny Mitsuyo from Sister Stamps was perfect!  I quickly stamped, colored and fun-cut her and popped her on to the panel.  The rest came together quickly.

The cherry blossoms on the edge are from a MS border punch.  I have the larger version of it and when I found out there was a smaller version of it I had to track it down.  Lucky for me I found it at my local scrapbook store!  I love that the flowers are tiny and can be used for a project as tiny as this tag.  It just adds a nice touch.  I also used a new embossing folder on the white cardstock as I thought leaving it plain was just too plain.  (lol)  Of course I also added some Wink of Stella to Mitsuyo's kimono and hair ribbon.  You'll just have to imagine how sparkly it is.  (hahaha!)

Mitsuyo with Crane from Sister Stamps

Have a great day and for all the ladies and little girls out there Happy Girl's Day!!  Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Denice said...

What a great tag....love the background stamp you used along with Mitsuyo being just adorable!

Rachel Parys said...

Oh. My. Cuteness!!!!!! Love her!!

eva said...

cute! she is the perfect fit on this tag!