Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Red, White & Blue Day Out

Hello!


It's been a while since I participated in a challenge, so I hopped on over to the TGF blog to see what the current monthly challenge is, red, white and blue.  Oh that is an easy peasy one.  I was flipping through some stamps to see which one I wanted to use when I realized that I had not inked up this Anya from TGF.  This sweet Anya is called Day Out.  I saved on time and paper pieced her beret and skirt.  The other parts were colored with Copics.  I chose a simple design with a few pieces of cardstock liking how much white was left.  The half circle is a die cut from Little Darlings and the sentiments are laser cut words from Island Scrapbooking.  The cool thing about the words is being able to cut the words or letters and as long as you trim them you can make a fun sentiment like I did.  Now I have another birthday card to add to my ever growing stash, woo hoo!

Challenge: Red, white & blue - FFF monthly challenge

6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Fantastic job with the paper piecing, she looks so cute!!! Great patriotic card!!

Amy said...

Fun card Leanne! I love her plaid beret and matching skirt... this little Anya is looking quite patriotic!

eva said...

cute! love her paper pieced beret! i'm all about saving time these days. hope you had a great 4th of july!

Denice said...

I love the look of paper piecing and how it gives an image a completely different look with a patterned paper. A sweet card and fun LO!

Holly T. said...

Very Cute Leanne! Thank you for participating in this month's challenge- good luck :)- Holly TGF DT

Scrapandome said...

lovely card
Funny and cute