Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy Birthday David!

Hello!!

This will be a quick post, I'll be back in a few hours with my Spotlight post for Kitty Bee Designs.  I wanted to share this card I made for my brother who is celebrating his birthday today.  It's another shoe birthday card, yes he loves shoes!


I decided to keep it simple, and finally break open this awesome stamp and die set from MFT.  This die set is called Dienamics LLD All-Star high tops and it is so darn cool!  It makes the coolest All-Star sneaker!!  I had to watch the video to put this together, but it was worth it.  Sorry about the photo, I had to take the picture in another room where the light source is not so great.  The colors are way off too.  What looks like black is actually dark midnight blue.  The colors are for his love of  the University of Michigan.  The sentiment is from the companion stamp set LLD Be Original the set also includes the circular stamp inside the circle.  The rays are a Tim Holtz stencil and I used some Distress inks to ink it up.  Here is the inside of the card...


Again this is supposed to be midnight blue not black with golden yellow and white.  The sentiment is part handwritten and Island Scrapbooking laser cut sentiment.  We celebrated yesterday with Thai Bar B Q, it's what the birthday boy wanted to eat, a red velvet cake and scoops of Neapolitan ice cream.  Good times with good food and wonderful people, just missing my sister & her family.

Well time to sign off, gotta get up in a few hours to get to work.  Sigh.. hahaha!  Thanks for stopping by and if you come by later I'll have my spotlight post from Kitty Bee Designs up.  Night!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh what a fabulous boy birthday card....I especially love the rays in the background.

Denice said...

Such a cute sneaker card, I bet your brother loved this...especially in his favorite team colors. What a great stamp set....you used it well my friend!

Rachel Parys said...

LOVE this shoe!! What a great idea for a guy card!! Very cool!