Monday, December 14, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 14

Hello!

It's day 14 of this 25 days of Christmas challenge I've joined with Linda & Kathy.  For today I thought I'd start the week off with a fun shaker card I made with my current favorite color combo of green/red/black with some white.  Today's featured images are some sweet winter friends from 2 Cute Ink...


Hehehe,  I love this card!  It was so much fun to put together.  Inside the paper made snow globe are Playtime Winter Penguin & Little Reindeer in a snowy scene.  There are also some cute pinkish-white snowflakes from a RAK from my crafty friend Eva, (Hi Eva!)  Visit her Etsy store to find these and some other cute stuff.   I used a lot of my old paper stash for this one.  It seems I'm having a hard time cutting in to the new paper pads!  (hahaha! oh dear)  To create the globe was a little bit tricky, but in the end I got it to work. I might do a video on it if I attempt to do it again.  Below is a side view of it.


I used a few MFT dies to make the snow globe which I will list below.  Because the snowflakes were delicate I doubled them up to make them sturdier; adding some WOS and a sequin for some sparkle finished them off.  The AmyR sentiment was heat embossed with white and seemed like the perfect one to use here.  Below is a different view of the snow globe.


I think I will attempt to make this globe again so that you can actually see what it looks like.  It does look really cool IRL!  (hahaha!)  Anyhoos, you can see the fun layers of paper I used.  Love the combo!  I had some time to decorate the inside so I did something fun and simple with some extra bits and bobs...


Definitely loving the inside too.  The sentiment is from MFT and I loved using the bright colored inks from MFT to transfer this to the paper.  All-in-all one of my favorite cards, inside and out.

Snow globe: Stitched circle, radial stitched circle, Tabs (I guess the dies are discontinued, but I used the larger version of this one.)


Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a great Scorpion Monday!

xoxo,
Leanne

2 comments:

Denice said...

What a great card, love the globe and a video would always be appreciated!! Sweet images!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I have been loving all your Christmas cards!!!!!!! I really love the colors in this one!!!!
hugs, Heidi